The Consultation phase is based on the principles of participatory dialogue. The objective is to engage stakeholders, citizens and young people on the six key Issues of the project in order to ensure a participatory approach to the project activities.
There will be two strands to the Consultation:
- Stakeholder Consultation
- Citizens/Youth Consultation
In order to carry out the Consultation Process, SFS has assigned nine Geographical Areas (France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain and Sweden) distributed across Europe to ensure that there is a sufficient dialogue encompassing geographical and cultural differences and engaging a broad amount of stakeholders, citizens and youth.
The Citizens/Youth Consultations will focus on all six issues at the same time, while the Stakeholder Consultations will focus on one theme each time. Once each SFS Geographical Area will cover two stakeholder themes, all six themes will be covered three times in the stakeholder consultations.
The results from the Consultation phase will be compared and analysed on a transnational basis in order to identify commonalities and differences across the different regions and cultures in Europe, helping to enrich the concept of Blue Society.
The results will then be fed back to the participants for consideration and ultimately lead to actions being taken at a regional/national level (Mobilization Actions) to demonstrate the benefit of being involved in the participative process.
Project results - Calendar of the consultations forums
A total of 20 Citizens/Youth Consultation Forums and a total of 19 Stakeholder Consultation Forums took place in 9 European Countries (France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden) from May to December 2013.
Credit Olivia Daly (AquaTT)
For more information on each consultation forum please visit the respective SFS National Blog.
Project results – Documents/Materials
 - Portuguese Consultations Poster (.pdf)
Project results – News
- Sea For Society at the 1st International Marine Science Communication Conference (2nd October 2014)
- Tackling barriers identified from the SFS Consultation Forums (16th July 2014)
- Analysis of the results from the SFS Consultation Forums gets underway! (14th February 2014)
- Second round of the Sea For Society consultation forums have started (26th September 2013)
- First round of SFS Consultations Forums on 9 European countries – a great success! (9th August 2013)
- Successful Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultations in Greece (15th July 2013)
- Successful Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultations in Sweden (22nd June 2013)
- Successful first round of the French Sea For Society Citizen/Youth consultations (3rd June 2013)
- Successful second Portuguese Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultation (28th May 2013)
- Successful second Citizen/Youth consultation carried out in Ireland (27th May 2013)
- Successful first Portuguese Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultation (23rd May 2013)
- Successful first Citizen/Youth consultation carried out in Ireland (21st May 2013)
- First Portuguese Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultations (17th May 2013)
- First Irish Sea for Society (SfS) Citizen/Youth consultations (9th May 2013)